[SOLVED] Problem when exporting animation from blender to Unigine

photo

I'm having a problem when exporting an animation from blender and import it to Unigine.

The animation by itself works fine, but if i import it to blender (to make my changes to it) and then export it to fbx again, the mesh gets messed up, even when i don't change anything in the animation, and just import the fbx to blender and export it again, the same thing happens, like this:

image.png.19f7a57fe014b362873205c57bbe1f77.png

The mesh is moving, but it's completely broken.

Just to show that the animation works, here it its when i import the FBX file without going throught blender:

image.png.ca0ac4ad1cb796a600ea8c0051b524e0.png

The animation also works fine inside blender when i import it:

image.png.9711ac8b55b2b091b21e9eea137e5a58.png

The export settings i'm using in blender (following the instructions from the official youtube channel for blender exports):

image.png.797e959dc1bf72e9f4dd369caa75e270.pngimage.png.432049dfb46aa7c36c65633a4723eca3.pngimage.png.f6a34935d1078f90b55d411ca53bb251.png

Things i tried in the settings from blender:

• Uncheck "Add leaf bones"
  • Set "Simplify" to 0
  • Aplying Location and Rotation
  • Rename "Armature" to "Root"
  • When impoting to blender, checking "Ignore leaf bones" and "Automatic bone orientation"

What am i doing wrong during this process of importing and exporting from blender?

Blender 2.80.75

Unigine 2.11.0.1

Attachments:

ybot.fbx (the mesh)

Start Walking.fbx (the animation i'm having the problem when importing it to blender)

Start Walking.fbx ybot.fbx

14 hours ago, apokefal said:

Hi bryann.and !
disable these options in fbx export settings

b1.png

Did not work as well, i have the same result.

Is there anything else i can try?

17 hours ago, apokefal said:

Here what I did to import, please check if this will work for you:

I did it this way and it did work, but the problem is that i have multiple animation only files, but to make them work i have to export both mesh and animation from blender to the same file, and import both to Unigine.

Even if i export both mesh and animation from blender but only import animations to unigine, i get the same problem.

I also tried exporting both and importing both, which works, but only for that mesh that's in the same fbx as the animation, i can't use that animation with other files, even though they have the same armature.

So you gave me a solution, but now i found another problem lol, but thank you anyway!

I think it has something to do with blender adding a root bone, a lot of people have this problem with other engines as well, just a quick search on google for "Prevent Blender FBX Exporter adding extra root bone" shows a lot of results, i'll keep trying to find a solution

I GOT IT!

Based on my reply above, i got to a solution:

• Imported the mesh with the armature to blender and exported it(even if you don't want to change anything, you have to do this so blender will add that thing i said in my previous answer)
  • Imported the new exported model with the armature to Unigine
  • Now the animation that i imported and exported from blender works fine, because now both have that armature "thing" that blender adds when you import to it

And that's it, it works perfectly now!

(This was actually a fix for both Unigine and Unity)

Edited by bryann.and
typo
  • Like 5
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Problem when exporting animation from blender to Unigine