Engine to ignore certain folders

photo

Hello,

We are using Unigine 2.11. I know about ignore_filters in mounts, but this doesn't scale too well with our needs. Here is the situation: for certain data packages (let's call them environments) we have folders with a very common name (let's call it ExternalData, so each of these environments have a folder named that way) which contains some external data for which I don't want Unigine to go into it (create meta files, create runtimes etc). Since these environments can be added/removed at will by artists, it is not practical to list all these local folders inside ignore_filters in root_mount.umount. What I would need is a solution similar with .gitignore: a certain file (simple xml, simple text etc) that i can just place inside the ExternalData parent folder and let Unigine know that this is an external directory and not enter there. Is this somehow possible?

Kind Regards,

Adrian L.

Hi Adrian,

Can you draw a typical folders hierarchy with that ExternalData directories? Right now I can't fully understand what kind of use-case you are trying to solve. If you also can attach a couple of umount files that you are currently using - that will also help a bit.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

All our "environments" data (separate scenes) come with their custom data in a folder with a specific hierarchy. This contains all the visual data for that scene, not including shared stuff like materials, common textures etc, which are someplace else in data. Inside this folder there are other subfolders with the same names for every environment that contain external data, used by our middlewares, that have nothing to do with Unigine even though may contain images, models in various formats etc. Artists create these environments at will, push/pull them etc. They reside in a folder inside data folder. So we just want a solution when we can automatically create some ignore filters (from Unigine native code or scripting) for these external sub-folders with fixed names when artist create these environments via our tools (also running inside Unigine).

Here is a more practical example:

- I started out tool

- I choose Create Environment menu option, choose name My_Environment

- A folder default folder structure is created inside data/Environments/My_Environment:

My_Environment

External_Folder1

External_Filder2

UnigineDataFolder

some files here

- Where we have "some files here" I want to be able to be able to general a small text/xml/json/whatever file to indicate that External_Folder1 and External_Folder2 are off limit for Unigine file system (don't create meta files, don't create runtimes etc).

I hope this example helps.

Regards,

Adrian L.