Basic Node Reference Question

photo

I created a Lamp Asset holding a Mesh for the Lamp, and the Light, as a Node Reference.

Now I duplicated it 30 times.

If I want to turn on&off all lights at the same time, what do I do?

I thought, enabling the Light in one of the NodeReferences would swith all the lights. But itdoesnt.

Best,w,

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Yes, thought so as well.

I do this via the Tracker, that I switch the lights on at a certain time of day.

When editing the light manually by -> edit xxxxx -> apply, it works. Via the tracker, only the light I selected will be affected.

Is this some different? 

SDK 2.10.0.0

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
23 hours ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Thx. good to know. 

Yes I will group it and enable/disable groups.

cheers!

w.

Actually this is what we did too. We took lights out of lamp nodes and put all as node references in some dummy node, one for each city. And tracker is enabling/disabling this. 

2 hours ago, demostenes said:

Actually this is what we did too. We took lights out of lamp nodes and put all as node references in some dummy node, one for each city. And tracker is enabling/disabling this. 

.... But to get this right .... A light isnt cheaper if it is placed in a node reference?

4 hours ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

.... But to get this right .... A light isnt cheaper if it is placed in a node reference?

I dont understand? Having light together with mesh in one noderef is more comfortable, but there is probably no simple way how to turn it on/off. So all lights went out to separate dummy node. Each light is node reference for better mass tuning (many instances of several types).

I think there is no reason why light shoud be faster while in noderef.

Edited by demostenes