Tutorial "Programming quick start"

photo

Hi, i'm trying to do this tuto, (print screen below) :

image.thumb.png.226148ebee1835de2e73f95e21909ccb.png

But the link for that : image.png.7b0f95f46e3c532c3cd63568987a4891.pngbrings to another tuto , not corresponding to this "4 colored cubes ! But to this :

image.png.f6135157b1e70da2b158f56cf261c695.png

Whatever, i have create a new project ; when clic the "Open Code IDE", I get that : image.png.54ff0cf979b866803d7e7d218629c71a.png

But when i do the same thing with the existing project : image.png.4e352864f62b6946c92746ed7c9a5b40.png, it goes directly to Visual Studio image.png.fa1a25cc187826b75ed731e33ab155ad.png with only the html code and no C# or C++

Can you help me please ?

Best regards :)

Hi Jean-Luc,

1) First, about the links and different tutorials. The point is that Programming Quick Start is not a single tutorial, but the series of small tutorials. The task of the main project is split into steps, each describing a certain point (like project creation and basic concepts, working with nodes, materials and so on). So, it's ok to follow all of them to complete the main project about "4 colored cubes and stuff" - upon completion you'll have them  :)

2) Now about the IDEs and all this project stuff.

When you create a new project, you should select API and IDE. Most likely you have chosen C++ (Cmake), that's why you see that CMake file opened in the notepad. Try selecting C++ (Visual Studion 2015+)  instead, then it will directly go to the Visual Studio upon clicking Open Code IDE .

image.png

When you create a C# .NET Core project. The basic workflow here implies implementing your code via components created right in the Editor looking as follows:

1. Create a component in the Editor
  2. Double-click it to open the IDE (VSCode in your case). Then edit and save your code.
  3. Get back to the Editor and see if everything's compiled successfully, if so - assign your component to a desired node, set necessary parameters (if any)
  4. Click Play in the Editor to check the result

This workflow assumes that you open your code right from the UnigineEditor (not SDK Browser)  - check out the C# Component System Video Tutorial .

So, when you open your C# .NET project from the SDK Browser via  Open Code IDE , the only thing you might see in case you use VS Code is the .csproj file (C# project file). You can customize IDE launching options by clicking "..." under the Open Code IDE button and specify the following (For VS Code):

image.png

You can check out this video to learn how to change the default IDE in the SDK Browser (might be useful).

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

• Like 1