How to create high waves?

photo

I am trying to create a storm with extremely high waves.
I tried adjusting the "Wave Mode", "Beaufort Falloff" parameters, but that didn't affect anything.

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

Edited by john.brown
10 minutes ago, silent said:

You can assign one of the pre-defined materials to emulate different Beaufort levels on global water object:

image.png

You can also copy any of these materials and adjust individual parameters if needed.

Thanks for your response. I am aware of this feature, however,  I am looking for high waves.

1 hour ago, john.brown said:

Thanks for your response. I am aware of this feature, however,  I am looking for high waves.

1 hour ago, silent said:

What do you mean by high waves? Beaufort 11-12 levels generate waves larger than 12m. Do you want to get even higher values?

Hi @john.brown , @silent is correct, I usually worked on board ships 12 in Beaufort Scale is the maximum sea state that can be observed in nature, in normal conditions.

Hi @silent, still in the subject of sea simulations, how to achieve the buoyancy and interaction with waves observed in this Unigine YouTube video (Water Visualization for Professional Maritime Simulation).

Beaufort levels waves are only applied to Global Water.

Global water does not provide physical interaction with scene objects.

The ships look that they are interacting with the Global Water waves in a physical rigid body / water interaction.

Buoyancy and physics were supposed to work only Water Meshes... ( https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.3/objects/objects/water/ ) 

Thank you in advance for your support.

Cheers

Edited by richard.axe
Link insertion

Hi Richard,

You need to write a custom logic that would take in account water height and calculate ship position based on this and other factors. Very basic example of this is available starting from Engineering edition, but there is no such samples built-in in free community version.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi @silent, thank you for your prompt reply.

My goal would only to use the water physics engine to simulate, for example, a rowing boat moving across the water as a result of the interaction of the oars and water. 

No need of waves, just the physics.

Would be a way to apply the physics engine to the global water?

Cheers,

The basic idea here is to take 3 points nearby the ship and build a triangle (now you can get basis and normal) that you can use to adjust ship angle and position. In attachment you can find example implementation (ship.h - UnigineScript, for physical body, Boat.cpp|h - C++ for non-physical objects).

ship.h Boat.cpp Boat.h

• Like 1

---

On 4/28/2020 at 9:49 AM, silent said:

What do you mean by high waves? Beaufort 11-12 levels generate waves larger than 12m. Do you want to get even higher values?

I think that you have just answered your question. Ideally I am looking for a tsunami effect.

I'm afraid for that task you need to use different approach (write your own wave simulation algorithm and custom shader that will able to produce a good results with water waves > 15m). Maybe with a help of the FieldHeight object you can achieve something more that 15m.

---

On 4/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, silent said:

The basic idea here is to take 3 points nearby the ship and build a triangle (now you can get basis and normal) that you can use to adjust ship angle and position. In attachment you can find example implementation (ship.h - UnigineScript, for physical body, Boat.cpp|h - C++ for non-physical objects).

ship.h 22.96 kB · 1 download Boat.cpp 2.4 kB · 0 downloads Boat.h 691 B · 0 downloads

Hi @silent, thank you very much for the clarification. Cheers!