[REQUEST] UnigineEditor "AmbientSource" object/node

photo

Currently background audio/music has to be implemented manually via the C++ API though a new "Ambient" Sound object/node within the UnigineEditor interface would be a welcome addition, allowing faster prototyping while also reducing friction for new users and other game engines.

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

What about a "Spatial Blend" parameter for the normal sound source like in Unity, so you can make a 3d source more or less 2d. If you put it fully 2d you would have a localized ambient source at least.

It could also be used to reduce the 3d effect. It is a little extreme in some cases, to me. Sometimes feels like one ear is deaf while the other is fully blasted and when you turn around quickly it also changes quickly to the complete opposite. I would love to be able to reduce it a little. Or is there another way to do this that I have missed?

ashtorak

At this moment we don't have any analogues for spatial blend, I'm afraid. That's indeed nice feature to have, so I've added this feature request to our internal tickets list.

Switching to FMOD probably will bring you more options to control sounds, but you would need manage all that stuff manually via code and it's API.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ah, right, there is FMOD as well. I don't think I want to get into this right now. Maybe I get used to it.

btw, unrelated, but there isn't anything directly in the editor that shows mesh statistics like number of tris, right? I was looking for it just now to do a quick check of the mesh size. Not a super important feature, but would be another nice to have. Especially with the Auto LOD feature that I quite like. I can just make one FBX from the Blender models that I typically get from other people without doing much else inside Blender. The only problem is that I am less aware now what the sizes of the meshes are and I haven't found yet where the LOD meshes even are to check them.

Edited by ashtorak