diffrence between C# and C++ on programming ?

photo

hey everybody , i`m an indie game developer and i been working with unity engine and c# for about 4 years. and i have good understanding of c# and it`s related API. but when i`m migrated to Unigine i find out that it`s support both C# and C++ and apart from they`re differences on syntax or structure or memory and thread management is there any differences on using each one on Unigine? i mean differences on performances

does using C++ on unigine makes our game better and faster ? or something else ?

any quote will be so appreciated .... thanks

Hello,

In general, C++ is faster. It will outperform C# in many cases if you know how to optimize your code. However, this is not something that comes just by coding in C++. It requires a lot of experience, for sure. I'd say if you already proficient in C# — there's no need to switch the languages.

Thanks!

• Like 2

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Dear Kamyab,

Stick to C#.

If you really wanna take out your creation in time which is most important in product dev. Do it in C#. 

Rohit

• Like 2

Greetings Kamyab,

I am one of the users of Unigine that is using C++, and from my experience (most will agree with me) - C++ is a double-edge sword.
While yes, because of you having to write the specific implementations for certain items, it can be faster - however, if implemented poorly - it can and will cause no end of headaches and loads of other problems including being slow and memory leaks that can cause the program (and your computer to crash).

Point: no matter the language, 'fast' cannot help with poorly written code.

Also, early optimization is 'evil' - do not worry about optimizing yet, early optimization will cause headaches and can waste time if you need to modify it later to add features. Optimization should be done towards the completion of the project when all that is left is to get the max frame rate and/or decrease the system requirements to run...
The only time optimization should be done early is when a critical feature is slower than expected or uses far more resources than planned and you need to optimize in-order to get the other features in.

Recommendation: stick with C# - if it was at a severe disadvantage in speed compared to C++, unity would not have so many games made with it! (example I like to use: Cities: Skylines)

• Like 2

thanks all of you guys because of your helps

as you said i will stick to c# and again THANKS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH