Where's my water gone?!

photo

Hi Guys, 

One minute my water (object water mesh) is there working away happily and the next it's gone!! I know it's something I've turned off or adjusted settings on and have somehow made it invisible but I've tried the settings in parameters node and water settings, I've re done the water mesh process several times but no joy. I've created water mesh in another world just to see if I'm doing something wrong in the creation process but it works fine! Any idea what I might be overlooking here?

On 4/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, gary said:

I found the issue... I had the 'depth pre pass' option on in the buffers settings!

@gary Confirmed, the Depth Pre Pass option appears to be enabled by default when creating C# projects (tested on Ubuntu 19.10 with Unigine 2.11.0.0)

@morbid Also the in-game keyboard, mouse and gamepad controls do not function as expected when creating a C# project using the VR template, are these behaviours/settings different to C++ projects intentionally?

On 4/25/2020 at 9:40 PM, mind.matter said:

Also the in-game keyboard, mouse and gamepad controls do not function as expected when creating a C# project using the VR template, are these behaviours/settings different to C++ projects intentionally?

For C# project + VR Template It uses only HMD and its controllers, so you can't control the camera with mouse/keyboard. For C++ and VR Template you can build an application and run it without HMD, basic mouse/keyboard controls will work.

Did I get the idea right that you're looking for a way to debug/test your VR game with classic controls?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

21 hours ago, morbid said:

For C# project + VR Template It uses only HMD and its controllers...

For C++ and VR Template you can build an application and run it without HMD...

@morbid Thanks but is there a reason why the "VR Template" input behaviour is different between C# and C++ projects? Shouldn't they be consistent?

21 hours ago, morbid said:

Did I get the idea right that you're looking for a way to debug/test your VR game with classic controls?

@morbid Correct, we don't want to waste time re-implementing keyboard/mouse/gamepad controls if the above C# situation is actually a bug/oversight (i.e. fixed in a future patch)

@mind.matter we prefer to keep VR controls as default for VR apps. More likely C++ template will work in the same manner as C#.

But you don't have to re-implement controls to use WASD. Just copy  FirstPersonController.cs from the default C# project and assign it to the PlayerDummy. Then:

• Disable VR player in the hierarchy
  • Enable "Main Player" for your new player dummy
  • Change PlayerDummy rotation in the editor to 90 0 0 (I've found a minor bug with rotation, this step is required to avoid it)
  • Check that VR controls are disabled in the build parameter (see the attached image)

Click run.

image.png

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, morbid said:

@mind.matter we prefer to keep VR controls as default for VR apps. More likely C++ template will work in the same manner as C#.

@morbid Thanks for the confirmation.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, morbid said:

@mind.matter you don't have to re-implement controls to use WASD. Just copy  FirstPersonController.cs from the default C# project and assign it to the PlayerDummy.

@morbid This mostly solved the issue, just need to add gamepad support, thanks again.