World Rebasing ?

photo

After spending 3 days in Unigine I really like what I saw so far... I am actually considering migrating our game project to it....

We are developing a rescue helicopter simulation game (see details here ) for which we will need quite large terrains (about 40 - 60 km apart)

To avoid float precision errors, a solution we found in Unity or Unreal engine is world rebasing. This is native in Unreal.

I know that the preferred solution would be to have a double precision coordinates which comes with the Engineering License, but this is out of our budget.

Coding a rebasing system ourselves is not that difficult (I did it in Unity) , I see that landscape layers are nodes so this should be ok, as well as the rest the nodes. I guess physics should be ok, maybe some issues on water shaders and clouds ?

thank you again for this great opportunity !

Fred

I would strongly recommend to look into the proper Engineering license. Please contact our licensing team (with examples of your work and project description) to discuss details - may be we can figure something out: licensing@unigine.com

Thank you that would be great !

I had to speak to the rest of the team... I will prepare some material and send it to licensing by monday.

Fred