Animate/pose model inside editor

photo

Hello everyone !

Very new user to Unigine here. I've looked a bit inside the documentation on the topic of animation but I haven't found a satisfactory answer either way.

It seems you can only import animations made in another 3D software (Max, Blender, etc...) but is it possible to import a skinned character in a T-pose and then pose/animate said character inside the editor ?

Thank you !

I was thinking about posing and animating a character using keygrames, very akin to 3ds Max and Blender, yes.

Since the animating process has to take place outside of Unigine, how would you suggest I go about animating a character interacting with the world of one of Unigine sample project (namely the oil refinery) ? Can I import those assets in Max for reference ?

Edited by whomp.whompus
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:05 PM, morbid said:

We plan animation tools improvements but it wouldn't happen too soon :)

Just to understand, are you asking about rigging and keyframing functionality similar to 3DS/Blender/etc? Or you have in mind something like animation editor in Unreal?

Hello Mr @morbid

I believe Unigine is very creative and the tools are advanced and fast, please don't look at Unity and Unreal ! I believe that the philosophy of naturalism and the tools of nature in Unity and Unreal have been destroyed, for many reasons.

Chokhov and Mendeleev were independent
Be independent too.

I mean user feedback is valuable, but your creativity is number one priority.

I have never liked Unreal and Unity because they complicate simple things !!!
Edited by ahmad.karami