Cannot select License Type for Unigine Community SDK Activation

photo

Greetings all. Just signed up to review if Unigine is a good fit. After downloading the SDK and executing Activation. All of the radio boxes are grayed out forcing a Floating License choice. I need to be able to work offline using a new RTX laptop as the primary machine for the most part.

Can you help me ?

Maybe this is a workaround to convert to Fixed license.

Nope Changed to Fixed is also grayed out too. Note Floating says license expires tomorrow. I have so little patience for this.

Edited by tom.acunzo

Offline (Fixed) activation is not yet available for Community SDK. We will see if we can extend offline licensing mechanism to Community editions as well. 

19 minutes ago, tom.acunzo said:

Now seeing error message when starting up browser.

2020-04-11 (1).png

There is only a single browser.xml file config file located in <SDK Browser Install Dir>/browser directory (no browser_x64.xml or whatsoever required). I suggest simply to reinstall SDK Browser (uninstall it first via Windows Control Panel) it and see if this error will go away.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Tom,

Fixed (Offline) activation available right now only in the Engineering / Sim editions - that's how it initially was planned. Adding offline activation to Community SDKs wasn't planned initially, so right now I can't give you any positive news about this.

In case of any new information I will surely post here.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Unfortunately that is a bit of a deal breaker atm. I've worked on projects with Unity Pro in the past. Can't say it was always smooth sailing but it's very costly to migrate off of. Especially given these restricted times. Unite Now is kicking off online sessions tomorrow April 14 - 16th.

Old SDK re-activation? Oh wait, does this imply that if an annual subscription period ends so does your total access to the Unigine SDK? Not just access to updates?

If this is not the case. Wouldn't it make sense to have one off Activation's upon fresh SDK installs and updates? Otherwise nobody wants to work on a project with a timed gun to their head. Potentially long term projects specific to aging hardware may remain on a given SDK indefinitely.

Godspeed! Please refactor browser_x64.xml vs. browser.xml error too. Thank you for your prompt response much appreciated. I look forward to reviewing the finished product soon.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear @yeshwanth,

Select the floating license. Community Edition does not have fixed license.

You need to be online every 8 hours to use the editor continuously until you close the SDK browser.

Regards,

Rohit