[NOTABUG] RenderManager::createTextureCube(): can't create texture

photo

I've tried to import my envmap a lot of times with different file formats and map's layout but it seems to just not work.

At first, I wanted to add Equirectangular EXR map for environment and then I've found out that it's not supported. Before switching to a different layout, I've tried to convert a map to tiff, png and dds files but it didn't work understandably. Then I've tried to use cubemap with same different file formats and it still didn't work.

That's all just because I was getting the error from the title of this topic. Here's the screenshot from my last attempt:

Spoiler

912395614_(33).thumb.png.8373bb54d0a6075cbe5a42bdf3bef529.png

My specs aren't great and not recommended for Unigine development but it seems to be working just fine and even better than every other game engine. My AMD driver is 15.201.1101.0. But I can't update it cause all the new versions are bugged for my APU though the new drivers are officially available (HDCP display lag on integrated monitor as far as I remember).

EDIT 1: Forgot to mention that it also crashes with the same error when baking reflection probe (environment probe)

Edited by arsen.saruhanyan
Mispelled HDCP and it's actually display lag, not mouse/keyboard.

Hi Arsen

Equirectangular environments are supported out of the box, you need to specify texture type as Cube on import.

However, the real thing here is the AMD APU with GPU driver from 2015. Compression and creating GGX mips for environment textures are done on GPU and if it hangs you will get any kind of errors.

You can try to switch to CPU textures compression (way slower) and see if it helps at least for panorama imports:
image.png

Another guess relates to the Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) mechanism. You can try to disable it:

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yeah, I see, it's way slower working on CPU. Although, none of the solutions are working, I fixed that by updating drivers to the latest 2020 Adrenaline Software. However, it's unfortunatelly making my display lag every 2-3 seconds, but it doesn't depend on Unigine, so thank you very much anyway :)

• silent changed the title to [NOTABUG] RenderManager::createTextureCube(): can't create texture