C# API not available in the SDK Browser

photo

Hi,
I've just installed the 2.11 Community SDK and the C# Api button is disabled in the SDK Browser

I'm on Arch Linux
Mono is installed and configured (used in other projects that need it, like Godot Engine)

I've also noticed the following point in the linux documentation https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.10/code/environment/linux?rlang=cpp

You may also need to set the following environment variables:

• Add to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable locations of the following directories: <UnigineSDK>/lib.

Re-login to make the changes in ~/.profile take effect.

but there is not "lib" sub-folder in the SDK folders

Thanks for your answers

Capture d’écran de 2020-04-11 18-46-21.png

Edited by laurent.ongaro
add infos

Hi Laurent,

C# samples are only valid under the .NET Framework 4.x on Windows, they will not work under Mono on Linux. That fact that you seeing it in SDK Browser is more likely a bug, since this category doesn't make any sense right now on Linux and should not be displayed.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

OK Silent,

Thanks for the reply !

Does this mean that the C # implementation on linux is a kind of subset of Windows and is less "complete" ?

I am mainly interested in the C # implementation in Unigine under linux, but should I rely on the documentation and examples that I can find (mainly provided by the Unigine team) to learn it or will they give me contents that may be false, incomplete and/or unusable without external help ?
It is important for me to know this, as there is not so much help I can find to learn Unigine,  the few available sources must be valid.
Otherwise, I could be wasting my time trying to solve or understand a "programming" problem which, in fact, will not be feasible or usable in C# on Linux.

In another way, can I consider C# under linux as a mature implementation and start to learn it with existing learning content or will I start a very difficult  obstacle course ?
Regards
Laurent

Edited by laurent.ongaro