QWindowsNativeInterface bug on editor initialization

photo

The log file attached shows that everything is OK till the last messages, which says that 'QWindowsNativeInterface::nativeResourceForWindow: 'handle' requested for null window or window without handle.' Seems like the window handle ptr is null(idk which window, because it pop-up the Help and the Editor window, could be any of both).

log.html

I figured it out by myself since i thought the 'Q' from QWindowsNativeInterface was Qt related stuff, then i looked at the Qt path on the 'Options' panel from the SDK Browser and i saw that was empty, then everything was built into my mind that the null ptr at QWindowsNativeInterface was because i wasn't referring to the Qt path. I fixed that by specifying the Qt path(%UniginePath%\sdks\community_windows_2.11\bin). You guys could fix that by adding by default that path, or simply checking if the Qt path is empty or invalid once you initialize the editor, because the QWindowsNativeInterface nullptr message could be hard to figure it out what it means for some other people. Btw, the engine looks awesome, keep up the good work!

Edited by samuel.alonso-rodrguez

Hi Samuel,

Empty QT Path is expected behavior. It's required only in some specific cases with Engineering and Sim SDKs.

Editor always looks first for Qt libraries near the executable (in case of newly created project in <project_dir>/bin).

I'm not quite sure what happens at the first time. is Editor launched correctly but there were warning in console? If so, the Reset Windows Layout in Windows menu should fix all the possible issues (like empty or malformed additional Qt windows).

Otherwise we need some additional information (if you can also attach some screenshots or videos - it would be even better).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: