Masking clutters also via detail with own texture

photo

I ve started to use clutter function "Mask terrain" by terrain mask, which is incredibly usefull, no need to generate external masks. But I was thinking, what about be also able to mask by each particular detail of that mask (they have very often some own noise sub-mask). So if mask layer have detail(s) with additional texture, put it there as masking option too. Use case: I am mixing grass, leaves and soil texture using one mask. Leaves and grass textures have own Additional mask (some radnom noise). I wanted some clutters to be spawned only on leaves texture (I have stones with leaves on bottom for better blend into terrain) or some plants only on grass texture (vegetation tends to be in clusters), but this is not achivable without putting that leaves or grass into seperate mask layer . Can be done for sure, but this would be more elegant (in big terrain such mask must be qute high res to make detail on the level of lower meters and regenerate tiled 32k+ terrain every time when tuning density....). It would be also advantage to have whole "biom" just under one mask layer. Any change in terrain would be just changing these texture masks. What do you think?

Edited by demostenes

Hi Jirka,

That's for sure would be a good feature :) Right now it's impossible to achieve (since Grass and ObjectMeshClutter are generated on-fly when you moving around the world) and if you will try to combine all these masks on CPU on fly you will get close to zero framerate.

We plan to add new feature to these objects so they will be able to generate objects positions in offline mode (probably it will take some time), but in that case you can combine any masks and additionally there will be no overhead on runtime spawn (at least on CPU). 

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: