LOS packet 's material mask

photo

image.png.751dfb2a2bdf14b19861c653b28267ff.png

Is the material mask of the LOS packet related to the intersection of the surfaces?
Or is it related to the material mask of the surface material?

and, is it related to the intersection mask of the physical shape registered in the volum_definition too?

image.png.9eaae63316a4a6e3888cf8147cd90cd0.png

If this works with the material mask of the loss packet, I plan to turn off all intersection options on the model surface and use only the physical shape intersection of the volume object.

Hello Dongju,

On 3/11/2020 at 11:54 AM, dongju.jeong said:

Is the material mask of the LOS packet related to the intersection of the surfaces?

CIGI material mask is a specific term not related to UNIGINE material mask. I understand, this can be confusing. LOS request casts an intersection ray, so LOS material mask = intersection mask in UNIGINE.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:54 AM, dongju.jeong said:

s it related to the intersection mask of the physical shape registered in the volum_definition too?

No, all volume calculations are based on UNIGINE's collision detection. So here collision mask will work.

Thank you.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

the material mask of the LOS packet is the intersection mask of the surface.
I understand.

The last question is whether the raycast made through the LOS packet collides with the physical body registered in the volume_definition and sends the LOS response packet.

so your last answer's mean,
The material mask of the LOS packet is a collision mask in shape of a dummy object body. not a shape's intersection mask.

did I understand right?

1 hour ago, dongju.jeong said:

so your last answer's mean,
The material mask of the LOS packet is a collision mask in shape of a dummy object body. not a shape's intersection mask.

did I understand right?

LOS is always an intersection ray, so it reacts on intersection mask of an object. If you want to use masks with LOS always configure intersection masks in Unigine.

Volumes contact is calculated as a Collision in Unigine.

Did it explain the difference better?

• Like 1

---

16 hours ago, morbid said:

LOS is always an intersection ray, so it reacts on intersection mask of an object. If you want to use masks with LOS always configure intersection masks in Unigine.

I understand.

but

image.thumb.png.f83b097902c11e6e6074200dbbb704a6.png

The physics shape also has an intersection mask.

However, the intersection lay of LOS can't check the physics shape?

Edited by dongju.jeong
2 hours ago, dongju.jeong said:

However, the intersection lay of LOS can't check the physics shape?

Sorry, I don't fully understand if this is a question or a bug statement.

Yes, physical shape also has an intersection mask and you can detect this shape by a mask with a LOS request.

Thanks.

• Like 1

---