Valve Index

photo

Hi.

Is it possible to create a VR application using the Valve Index with the C# Component System?

I'd like to switch our dev team from Unity to Unigine for an upcoming project but documentation says only Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Vive Pro are supported out-of-the-box. What steps would we need to take to get an Index working?

Thanks!

Hi David,

We are currently preparing a VR Template for C# component system and plan to release it with 2.11 update (within a month). It would be a good starting point for you and your team.

Right now VR Template available only for C++ projects.

The only issue that might arise - you will need to add custom models for Knuckles controllers and set up buttons, but it's not a big deal :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi @silent

I didn't see any official update for 2.11 in the release plan thread, it's confirmed the availability in April with this new C# VR template? In the planning phase for a new VR project so timing it's important.

Also trying to find the right finger tracking solution: using the Index controllers will need to develop some new plugin? The alternatives I'm considering are keeping current Vive Cosmos and attach a Leap Motion or switch to Valve Index with his controllers.

Edited by davide445

it's confirmed the availability in April with this new C# VR template

Template itself is almost ready, some changes needs to be done with SDK Browser itself. Also, the limitation here would be the float-precision only builds.

Also trying to find the right finger tracking solution: using the Index controllers will need to develop some new plugin? The alternatives I'm considering are keeping current Vive Cosmos and attach a Leap Motion or switch to Valve Index with his controllers.

We use some old Leap Motion SDK to maintain cross-platform support, you can take at the code here. For finger tracking in Vive Index you don't need to write a separate plugin, just to extend already existed AppVive.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: