Free locomotion

photo

Looking at treadmills want to ask if free locomotion used to manage the walking action is supported out of the box. 

Testing some demos seems WASD movement is supported in VR but not sure how this translate in free locomotion. 

Edited by davide445

We didn't have a chance to work with treadmills integrations,

As I already can see from the provided links - some of the devices come with separate SDK (you can write an engine plugin to make the integration), Wizdish have their own SteamVR integration - you need only to map a controller buttons. Every device is unique and at a first glance doesn't look to complicated to integrate with.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

@silent wanting to prepare a test project I can send to treadmill OEM so they can test the compatibility on their side with their hw and sw. 

Any suggestion how to change the standard VR demo project so to allow free locomotion, moving in the world using the controller joystick? 

Tested so far seems to accept only teleportation as commands. 

Edited by davide445

I guess the best option (especially in terms of integration) would be to send not the final build but rather the link for SDK request (https://unigine.com/en/get-unigine/request-free-trial). With access to the plugin internals it would be much easier to integrate some 3rd party library.

Unigine Entertainment test license is available without any limitations. We also can upgrade it to the 'partner' status if integration will take more time than expected.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

@silent I doubt they will invest now their time in learning Unigine SDK and do the work for us...we didn't purchase anything so far. 

Will be better keep it simple and provide just a functional test, if not the VR demo maybe the oil refinery to showcase what's capable Unigine of and have a more realistic test. 

So what can be a way to integrate free locomotion?