Integrate a PLC into a demo

photo

Started planning a demo/test where we want to integrate a PLC setup into one of the existing demos such as the oil refinery one.

Thinking about using Codesys soft PLC for Raspberry Pi or a Siemens Logo, but accepting suggestions.

Wanted to ask what are the interfaces we can use to catch events coming from this (i.e. a switch activation), and what are the most suitable communication protocols for a simple demo (i.e. Modbus, PROFINET, EtherCAT, CANOpen).

Want to test and next showcase the possibility to interact with industrial systems from inside the VR sim, with remote control as a target scenario.

The most simple case can be starting from the initial oil demo traing where is needed to interact with a control panel

spacer.png

So as example when a switch is activated into our real word setup the same need to be activated into the simulation.

When a short circuit happen in the simulation (you remove the cabling without previously power off the panel) a light need to be activated into our real word demo setup.

Starting from something very simple but using systems can mimic a real industrial settings, so no hardcoded interfaces but using i.e. a recognized PLC and standard communication bus.

Edited by davide445

Okay, I understand.

I'm afraid we have no expertise for such industrial solutions, our main competence is 3D rendering.

There's no built-in support for any of such protocols. You (or your dev team) can use any protocol and write a network logic based on the Unigine::Socket class.

Thanks.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...

On this topic, wanted to know if the oil refinery demo is based on real industrial plant and control systems, and if this is the case if will be possible to know what they are.