Crash afeter some time spent in Editor

photo

It seems not all world reloading issues are solved, I ve already experienced several crashes when changing world (2.10.0.2). What is inside of world does not seem make any difference, it crashes when loading from simple world (just meshes) to complicated (terrain, clutters, layers nodes...) and vice versa. It seems to me, that longer you are in some world, higher probability of crash when loading other.

10 hours ago, morbid said:

Hi @demostenes,

Which worlds in your repo can cause this? How long world should be loaded? As always, we need to know patterns to reproduce this

Thanks.

Any. Typicaly I was switching from esqworld_MC (several minutes of flying above some city, lets say 1820,3450,437) to demo_test. I ve did retest just right now, loaded demo_test, then switched to esqworld_MC, jumped to mentioned location, flied around that area for 20 seconds and then loaded again demo_test and crash. You can use latest repo version.

Edited by demostenes

Hi @demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce these crashes just as you described. Maybe there's any additional steps required, e.g. editing some objects in the world or using some specific tools? Also engine log may contain some clues to what causes crash. And if it's easy reproducible on your side, small video would be great help for reproduction of this issue.

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hi @demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce these crashes just as you described. Maybe there's any additional steps required, e.g. editing some objects in the world or using some specific tools? Also engine log may contain some clues to what causes crash. And if it's easy reproducible on your side, small video would be great help for reproduction of this issue.

Thanks 

There is nothing in log. Also no actions required, (no editing, etc..) everything was done just simply as I described. We are loading these plugins: FbxImporter,CadImporter,GLTFImporter. I can probably record some video, but I am not sure, if it helps anything.

Edited by demostenes

I ve tried to restart computer and do tests again. I wasnt able to crash it in cca 10 minutes of repeated loading/unloading. I was watching memory whole the time and everything seemed to OK. So it is replicable only if you spent some time in editor doing typical work like editing nodes and materials (I ve recorded that video after having Ungine running for several hours and made all previous attempts always at the end of my work). This makes this issue hell to track. Would be possible to move this discussion to bugs? I dont thing we would be able to solve it fast.

Edited by demostenes

Hi demostenes, 

We successfully reproduced this crash on reloading world, but repro is quite unstable on our side, i've forwarded this issue to our developers to see if we can make a quick fix 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hi demostenes, 

We successfully reproduced this crash on reloading world, but repro is quite unstable on our side, i've forwarded this issue to our developers to see if we can make a quick fix 

Good news. Thanks.