clamp particle

photo

Instead of setting the particle clamp on the particle system node(deflectors),
Does exist the effect of particles disappear when they collide with other objects?

Edited by dongju.jeong
2 hours ago, morbid said:

Sorry, I don't understand, which value is fixed?

Deflector should be within particle system boundbox to work properly, you moved it away for some reason.

Could you please explain the case?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.b6c1db3fb2af3c6cc105fd7cf3d14774.png

In the case of position, if a number is placed beyond the particle range, it is fixed at -32.

In case of rotation, if I try to change the value a little bit, it is fixed at 360.

(I changed the value with a mouse drag.)

and I can't set value return to 0

Edited by dongju.jeong
1 hour ago, dongju.jeong said:

it is very helpful. but too many heavy...

I see here that you're using extreme Aerosol concentration values. The effect was designed for values from 0 to 1. If you're not satisfied with the particles density — reconfigure the node in the editor, increase particles radius.

Then compare which is faster for your case: intersection or collision particles culling. I explained how collision works in the previous message. To enable intersection culling just disable collision flag and enable intersection flag in particles settings.

As for the moving deflector in the runtime. This sounds too complicated. I suggest optimizing your particles with intersection or collision culling. Don't forget about aerosol concentration values and particle node reconfiguration.

image.png

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: