[SOLVED] Oil refinery demo customization and problems

photo

The oil refinery demo is working in VR using 2.9 SDK.

1) Asembling the project so to have it portable for testing on other machines and headsets in different locations, it loads to the spash screen and next closes suddenly.

The log files in bin directory show as last this error message

12:22:10 Machine::run(): "int: 0" is not an extern class
12:22:10 World::loadWorld(): world init function returned 0 in "guid://81dc0cd1c21fdffcaae7bb2b85f9968e2ff62c95" file

2) want to change the labels for the VR demo, can't find them in the project

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide,

Before assembling a project you need to run Editor once and then compile release build in Visual Studio. Then you can use assemble in the SDK Browser.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:56 PM, davide445 said:

2) want to change the labels for the VR demo, can't find them in the project

Which labels? Show screenshot, please.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

On 1/21/2020 at 10:42 AM, morbid said:

Before assembling a project you need to run Editor once and then compile release build in Visual Studio

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.9/sdk/projects/?rlang=usc#assemble

I never find reference to this activity, sorry. Can you please point me where is explained so I can test it.

About the labels was the "text" objects I can find with a filter and next change their value (the shown text such as "Open the door").

I changed also the telemetry_data nodes in the Nodes Hierarchy to change the displayed information.

Btw I find also some .prop files (i.e. Telemetry_oil_thank_vertical.prop) filtering "telemetry" in the Asset Browser, reporting the same info as the previous telemetry_data nodes, what are the relationship of the two? Changing the telemetry_data node text are already changed, so didn't understand the .prop role in displaying these info.

About the GUI elements

image.png.5e400f9585baac25917fe1f4168c5841.png

To change these labels I need to edit the correspondent .h file (i.e. quality_settings.h)?

Also I wasn't able to change the text into the checklist, didn't find where is possible, can you please point me.

oil_refinery1.jpg

Edited by davide445

About the checklist I'm not able to change the task list in the first (generator maintenance training) and second ( Chemical Dosing Station maintenance training ) training option

1097077785_Training1.png.2c249afb0eacd890cb810eb540e7b47f.png1997689189_Training2.png.3bbcb703c8efb2f30e6ddb0b61f9c36a.png

I was able to translate some elements but the list it's still in English.
Curiously if in the Editor you Focus on the first VR hotpoint you find the list with all the items in my translated language
1609878907_Hotpoint1.thumb.png.1ca243f1565c7079f74703b8e7b80a84.png
I have indeed translated all the text items so I didn't know where the English text is coming from
Text.thumb.png.f77c2aebb5c499f0f1e3ab99f6b8e80a.png
On 1/22/2020 at 12:27 AM, davide445 said:

I never find reference to this activity, sorry. Can you please point me where is explained so I can test it.

I wasn't sure what exactly went wrong with your assembly and suggested two most common things. We'll try to prevent this with documentation in the future.

Btw I find also some .prop files (i.e. Telemetry_oil_thank_vertical.prop) filtering "telemetry" in the Asset Browser, reporting the same info as the previous telemetry_data nodes, what are the relationship of the two? Changing the telemetry_data node text are already changed, so didn't understand the .prop role in displaying these info.

These nodes has the text field because of the assigned property. Or maybe I missed point of your question?

To change these labels I need to edit the correspondent .h file (i.e. quality_settings.h)?

I think you're looking for oil_refinery.ui file. All names are here.

1 hour ago, davide445 said:

About the checklist I'm not able to change the task list in the first (generator maintenance training) and second ( Chemical Dosing Station maintenance training ) training option

It's a bit tricky. You need to change text in the properties, see the attached screenshot.

tempsnip.png

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

8 hours ago, morbid said:

I think you're looking for oil_refinery.ui file. All names are here.

Ok perfect. Still didn't find where to change the menu items

image.png.a2a11b3ba8eb1ddeecd3d07e91544ae5.pngimage.png.39931d3b2e7085fafa1b5a1e5750b85a.png

All the other things are ok.

Thanks all ok.

Last ting, noticed in the assembled project the directory \data\oil_refinery\vfx was not copied, so that i.e. the fire on top the tower was broken.

Just copied it from the project and all is fine, but wondering if I missed some setting in the assembly procedure.