Unigine::Material::findTexture documentation unigine 2.8 and latest

photo

Hello,

can you tell me the names of all included engine texture names (i.e. albedo) which are used in Unigine samples and core materials or a link to the documentation, i have not found it?

<texture name="albedo">fc35574861c035301365abbb33bab310bc8aed41.dds</texture>

Thanks

Hi Sebastian,

There is no such list, but you can open the <SDK> installation directory and manually navigate the data/core directory to see all the textures that are being used. <SDK> installation path you can check in SDK Browser: Options -> Storage Path.

If you can send me this texture (more likely it's just a runtime-generated texture from .runtimes directory) it would be easier to help. Also, guids.db in your project's directory should contain all the connections between source <-> runtime assets - have you tried to look in it?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I need the possible names of the texture name attribute (i.e. albedo, shading.... <texture name="albedo">,<texture name="shading"> ).

The documentation is missing information on that.

Edited by sebastian.vesenmayer

Sebastian,

Oops, sorry, my bad :) Yes, you are right - there is no such description available in documentation.

You can check the all possible texture names by manually opening the .basemat file of the parent material. For example, for mesh_base you need to check <SDK>/data/core/materials/default/mesh/mesh_base.basemat XML:

<texture unit="0" name="diffuse" ...>
<texture unit="0" name="albedo"	...>
<texture unit="1" name="specular" ...>

Some of the textures available only when specific state is toggled (for example, albedo and diffuse textures are having the same texture unit and only single texture can be loaded at once). Also, the identical looking texture slots in Editor can be named differently in .basemat file, so it's better to check the exact material definition and don't rely to the name from a previous material.

We will think how to add this information in documentation and Editor itself (maybe in a tooltip). If you have any suggestions how to improve this - please, give us a hint.

Here is the initial prototype:
image.png

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

14 minutes ago, silent said:

We will think how to add this information in documentation and Editor itself (maybe in a tooltip). If you have any suggestions how to improve this - please, give us a hint.

Well, at least it should be mentioned where it is going to be used (Material class c++ api).

For example:

int findTexture ( const char * name )
void setTexturePath ( const char * name, const char * path )
const char * getTexturePath ( const char * name )
void setTexture ( const char * name, const Ptr<Texture> & texture )

Thanks