Wrong Rotation capture

photo

Hi there,

Please find attached world and tracker file. I just positioned and rotated the playerdummy transforms and captured the key frames.

Check the result in tracker. The Z rotation on two places have sign change. Which triggers to rotate the full view.

Off course by changing manually,  I can fix this.. But we use such a transform capture in our product and it produces result like in attached tracker.

Is there any way to keep this transform in sync with each other so one can get rid of this behavior?

Rohit

rotationProblemTrack.track aro_test.world

Hello Rohit,

Is there any chance I can ask you to capture whole workflow while creating those example using some kind of screen capture tool like OBS or something similar and then share captured video with us?

I see what data your file contains by now, but before given any suggestions we need to know how exactly you obtain this result

Thanks

Please find attached movie.

In the second Z rotation the captured rotation value is negative. I can change it to positive to have desired path interpolation. 

How to avoid this behavior?

Please suggest.

Rohit

Edited by rohit.gonsalves
Additional Information

Sad to say but at this moment there is no solution to solve your problem automatically, rotation values shown in the Parameters window, unlike the ones shown in the Tracker, are clamped to the [0, 360] range, that's why they may differ but, for sure, represent the same orientation. In case with using PlayerDummy camera you can only fix this manually as you already done it before.

But there is another way where you could get desired result, with PlayerPersecutor you can make the camera to look in the right spot all the time as it shown below:

I hope it helps. Thanks!