Houdini Engine integration - parametric object spawning

photo

I know Houdini Engine is integrated up to the 16.0 release, and was used for terrain refinement.

Interested to know a way to parametric spawn assets in the scene (in our case construction elements such as cranes, scaffolding, materials, workers) so to don't need to place them manually.

Want to know if there is any plan to update it in term of supported Houdini release, if this will enable also to manage this kind of feature, or there is any alternative (except custom development, always possible) for the goal we have in mind.

Edited by davide445

In 2.10 we'll offer experimental UnigineEditor API, in other words — you'll have an opportunity to write a plugin for the Editor.

However, I'm not sure if Houdini integration with described features will be possible at the current stage, it requires research.

1 hour ago, davide445 said:

Want to know if there is any plan to update it in term of supported Houdini release, if this will enable also to manage this kind of feature, or there is any alternative (except custom development, always possible) for the goal we have in mind.

We have no plans for further Houdini support. With deprecation of Terrain Global (more likely will happen in 2020) this feature will vanish. Of course, we can reconsider depending on the customers requests.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Usually we do not provide our source code. Such questions better be discussed with sales managers (sales@unigine.com).

And I'm not sure that our Landscape Tool code will help you with Houdini integration anyhow. It was written for a very specific task — processing raster data. It has nothing common with objects spawning.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: