[SOLVED] Broken animation in mesh with shadows turned off

photo

Hello.
I find bug in Unigine's rendering. We are making a VR programm and we turned off all shadows for best FPS. If player watch mesh with built-in animation, animation work, otherwise it don't work. If we turn on shadows on ligth source, animation will work always. Animation of this mesh is very important for some parts of programm (sounds). Can I render this animition without using shadows? We use Unigine 2.7.2.

When shadows turn off (in first part of video) - animation will stop, if we don't watch mesh (field "time"). But if shadows turn on - animation will always play.

19 minutes ago, tolchinski.alexei said:

When shadows turn off (in first part of video) - animation will stop, if we don't watch mesh (field "time"). But if shadows turn on - animation will always play.

Actually it makes sense. Why animate, when not visible? Also mesh is removed from rendering. But when you see its shadow, you must animate/have mesh there even if mesh is behind you, so shadow is rendered properly. I think this is global behaviour (frustum culling).

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 1

Hi, if you want to force update when out of view try Unigine::World::addUpdateNode. Should be called every frame. That should do the trick

Edited by javier.serrano
  • Like 4

I had an idea about that works this way for optimization, but was not sure. Sound of engine (not Unigine) are connected to this animation.
Thanks, i will try to use Unigine::World::addUpdateNode()

Thanks, javier.serrano. It works)

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Broken animation in mesh with shadows turned off