[SOLVED] GUI gone after assembling

photo

Hi,

I assembled a project based upon the great VR Sample.
The executable works, but there is one big problem: my GUI is gone, all the buttons, and it is reseted to the basic VR GUI ( that with one button saying "Press me!").
Also some textures are gone ( few assets glowing red). 

Please help me, i need to show it to the client.

Thanks

Hello Piotr,

If you need it to be done fast just don't use assemble project and copy data folder to your release build.

If you want to fix it you need to check engine log after assembly and find what assets were skipped. There are three possible issues:

• You've skipped some assets due to the file filter specified in the assembly window
  • You've used mount points, they are not working with Assemble project (in this case just copy mount content to the data folder)
  • Probably you've switched a couple of textures to the "Unchanged" state after they already were assigned to the material.

At the moment we're developing new assembly functionality built in the Editor, it works much better.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Mi Morbid,

Thanks for response.

I cofigured the project to release engine, built it as release as well in my IDE and then assembled it once again with no arguments in the file filter, worked well, at least for the gui.
With the textures i will need a closer look, for now its enough, gui was my main concern. 

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] GUI gone after assembling