migrate 2.3 to 2.7 material problem

photo

Hello,

I have old assets(40Gb) from unigine 2.3 with a lot of materials,

after pressing red upgrade button in SDK browser to 2.7 + migrate content

it just show progress of "Upgrading content", but no hdd activity are found, nor RAM changes, only 25% CPU for 24 hours - so I just end process

Nodes and materials looks like upgraded to 2.7, but some GUIDS are wrong causing invisible assets in editor with red guid string

guids can't be changed by hands because large amount of links, any suggestions how to migrate properly?

2.3 to 2.5, 2.6 - ok

2.3 to 2.7, 2.9 - not ok

lightmap

I'm afraid, there is no other way to migrate content. I would recommend to leave migration process for another 24 hours if possible. In some cases creating a new materials from scratch may be easier and faster process.

If you can upload your 40GB project to some file hosting - we can check it after 2.10 SDK update (within a 2-3 weeks from now) and see why migration was unsuccessful.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks, somehow it migrate small part successfully, but bigger objects have messed materials - very strange

40gb data is earth model from unigine 2.3 iss_earth demo, it has high med and lite nodes

after content migration to 2.7, only lite node correctly migrated, maybe because it was on scene

but loading high/med just crush editor with "SystemAllocator::allocate(): cant't allocate 67108896 bytes"

It's hard to tell what is going on without seeing the actual project. Projects in older SDKs version like 2.3 sometimes work by accident (due to the old engine bugs) and after migration you can see actually how many errors there were.

I also can suggest following way of migration:

1. 2.3 -> 2.5
  2. 2.5 -> 2.9

If this doesn't help - please, send us your 2.3 project.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: