Positioning insets

photo

Want to ad an high res inset to current terrain, but I'm not able to position it in the Landscape tool since I find no way to see the below low res albedo map.

Also when re-generated the landscape I didn't see the inset in the center of my landscape.

image.thumb.png.3eaa2f9a8b664c3e5b25bb7458089edf.png

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide,

There is a known problem where the top layer prevents to positioning of the layer below it.
We can advise you to disable other layers in the hierarchy in order to be able to place the necessary layer in the right place.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

What will happen if you disable lowest resolution albedo and then try to regenerate terrain used only high resolution inset? Will it be displayed properly or not? Here's the Thing: image with a higher data density is always should be on top of the rest, that is how landscape tool are currently designed

• Like 1

Thanks bm for your answer.

Yes disabling the larger albedo map and regenerating the landscape the smaller is visible.

Looking better I discovered the problem was the new "high res" albedo in fact even if much smaller does have just a tiny bit lower resolution of he old one, so I suppose Unigine was just skipping it. Testing with an even smaller chunk this is instead visible, but in the wrong place

spacer.pngspacer.pngimage.png.b0a912fdaf9b26c530d6b08db3f0edde.png

Being a "flat" terrain the only way to position it is by hand (that's ok I didn't need perfect results)  trough the landscape tool, that didn't let me look at both so to place the first on the second one. Any solution for that?

Edited by davide445

Since there is no geodetic data each inset should be adjusted manually. In flat mode each layer are located relative to zero coordinates according on their XY (km) values.
There is no solution to automatically put inset to desired position in flat mode and because of this you should use application where maps were taken to get know correct information of their position against each other.

Use ruler to find target position of high-resolution inset against center of the low-resolution map in the XY coordinates (or km) and then put it to "position" window which is shown below in accordance of specified scaling which is set above

The cursor position is also displays the current coordinates which is should help to adjust inset more correctly.

loc.png