[SOLVED] Selection very inaccurate in editor

photo

Trying to use the Editor (2.8) to select some tiles of my standard building, I discovered clicking 99% of the times select something else, didn't know with what logic, but for sure not what's below the pointer. See example where I tried to select the tile highlighted with the red square, and you see what was selected instead.

Curiously if I instead want to assign a material dropping it on the object this is working fine.

866965975_Annotation2019-09-05160517.thumb.jpg.f257de203c3f66172564dc245e4332e2.jpg

Want to ask if this is some sort of bug, or I need to change any settings in the editor.

Edited by davide445

Thanks for the model.

I've tried to reproduce  this behavior with the following import settings:

image.png

However, I can't find any issues with selection in that case (neither in 2.8.x or 2.9.x SDK versions).

If you will delete Node from the World Hierarchy and re-add it from Asset Browser - will it make any difference? Also, could you please check the same behavior on an empty project?

tSByJ63.gif

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...

I solved this problem collapsing in 3ds Max the model interiors and leaving as separated mesh only the external facade, reducing by an order of magnitude the number of meshes (and btw pushing performances from 5 to 30fps on my old GPU).

In this way there are no selection problem, I suppose previously with so many near meshes there was always the opportunity to unwillingly select some nearby mesh.

Edited by davide445