Unigine crashes on initialize

photo

I'm experiencing consistent crashes on one project when I attempt to edit content.

Initializing assets loads until 95% then hangs for 5 mins and crashes. 

Before these crashes started I did notice that the project crashed when I attempted to edit the world clutter trees.

I've followed some of the fixes in other threads here but still no luck.

All other projects open fine.

Hi Gary,

It seems that you had imported couple of bad FBX files. Engine failed to load jpeg/png files that were associated with FBX. I would recommend to delete all files that marked as orange in log file and try to run Editor one more time.

Could you please also send us these FBX files with all textures for investigation:

• tbd_pathbone_0.FBX
  • C300Black_0.FBX

If you are using version control system it's better to update to the last working revision. Maybe files were damaged after unexpected Editor shutdown, it's hard to say really.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Gary,

You did send a .node files instead of FBX. But let's forget about it for a moment.

Is there any chance that you manually edited data folder contents without using an Editor?

In a log file, there are plenty of errors and warnings (broken material files, textures and so on), that I'm afraid will be hard or impossible to fix without reverting to the previous working revision. If you don't use the version control system it would mean that probably you will be required to rebuild a project from scratch (create a new project, add whole contents again).

Could you please also upload your data directory to some file hosting and send me a link via PM? If there is a crash with trees clutter edit I would like to reproduce it first so our team would be able to fix it in the new releases.

Thanks!

---

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having a similar problem to this previous issue with Unigine not initializing. 

I'm trying to fix an old world from an old sdk but I think bringing it into the new sdk has created some problems.

I've attached the log file. Can you see where the issue might be?

Also I'd like to upgrade from the version I'm using 2.7.3.1 to 2.10.0.2 to use the new cleaning tool but I'm getting a warning saying all modifications of files and structures will be lost!? This sounds a little ominous.  

log.html

Hi Gary,

In some cases it may occur that re-creating the scene from scratch would be much easier and faster. There are too many errors in your log, I doubt that you can migrate such project.

Unfortunately, it's also not possible to understand from the attached log file why these errors occur at the first place. My initial though was that some bugged FBX files were imported, but it looks some other bad things are happens here (maybe some manual data folder editing without editor).

We can take a look at your project if you will send us. Maybe it will give us a clue why it happens if we can see the whole picture, but chances are very low.

Thanks!

---

1 hour ago, gary said:

Also I'd like to upgrade from the version I'm using 2.7.3.1 to 2.10.0.2

If you have time I suggest upgrading the project step by step (2.7.3.1 -> 2.8, 2.8 -> 2.9, etc.) And check every version. Cleaning the original 2.7.3.1 project form suspicious or malfunctioning assets is also a good idea (investigate all log errors before the upgrade).

Thanks.

---