Filtering only used content

photo

When building .ung archives, they just copy over all files within a directory to these archives, possibly bringing over unused files. Is there a script/tool that will read through worlds/materials and let you know which ones are not being used, so they can be filtered out when creating .ung archives?

Taken from release notes of 20110531-SDK.

Tools:
   Improved validator in UnigineEditor (all referenced materials and meshes are checked for actual usage, added scanning of folders for unused resource files).

• 4 weeks later...

Example world validation from within UNIGINE editor

post-82-0-71415600-1308062790_thumb.jpg

I have scripts here that copy used assets to a new folder system for release It's a work in progress.

We will need exactly this very soon as we're releasing mobile first... then PC, Mac, Linux shortly after. If you would like to share let me know, we could work together on this script. Send me a message if you're interested.

We will need exactly this very soon as we're releasing mobile first... then PC, Mac, Linux shortly after. If you would like to share let me know, we could work together on this script. Send me a message if you're interested.

This should provide a good starting point - you will need to modify it a bit to suit your project setup. We turned the validate button in the editor into a menu and added a second button to do this.

It loads a world file and parses to find assets and adds them to a folder parallel to your unigine installation. It also strips all the materials that are actually used in your level and creates a single material library.

It's a work in progress feel free to post any improvements.

editor_issue.h

utils_file.h

editor_utils.h

This actually sounds really great. Thanks! We'll dig into it during the next couple of days, I'll post any changes we make.