[SOLVED] Remote work

photo

For a couple of weeks I will need to work remotely on my PC using also Unigine. 

Want to ask if there are any experience in doing so, and if there are any best practice for best performances. 

Tested TeamViewer appear to be really laggy on 3d applications, testing NoMachine (NX technology) appear to be faster but so far I was not able to make him work in a repeatable way, just read about AnyDesk so not sure what can be the best solution. 

PC is dual boot Windows 10 and Linux but will use the Windows boot, will be accessed from my Windows 10 laptop. 

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide,

In general, connection quality depends only on the channel (the faster the connection the smoother remote desktop will work), but there'll be lags in any case (remember, you're doing it via network :)).

For Windows — Windows connection it's better to use standard Remote Desktop application, experiment with the optimization settings for better result. My colleague also suggested https://www.remoteutilities.com/ if you need to work when the target Windows machine is already used by another person (like Team Viewer support session).

Thanks.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks, I will test also Remote Desktop.

Of course depends from the connection, that's why I was testing also NoMachine, supposed to work well also with very narrow bandwidth.I didn't need to work concurrently with others.

The other best option is to bring the whole PC with me, just a logistic problem in finding the space for also this package...

• 2 weeks later...

For the next two weeks I have solved the problem in a different way: will relocate with me the whole PC and monitor! 

But this suggestion will become useful later this year after changing the office where I work, so will check also that, thanks @demostenes

Edited by davide445
  • morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Remote work
  • 2 months later...

Just to signal I tested NoMachine for working with my PC situated in the office about 4km away, works fine.

Also discovered applications such as TeamViewer and AnyDesk are not really suited for 3D usage since they seems not recognize the hold button command, recognizing only the single click. Suppose they are made for a different goal.

Edited by davide445