Node cluster with a mix of objects

photo

Having organized my 41k objects logically using dummy nodes

spacer.png

I want to improve the performances above 5fps :-)

Trying to use node cluster, creating a node cluster for every dummy node group, converting all the sub nodes to references and next adding the resulting group to the cluster, didn't show any improvement. 

A problem I was wondering is the fact with thousands of object selected by script or color in 3dsmax and next grouped before fbx exporting, I'm not sure if all the nodes in a dummy group are really identical objects or there are a mix of identical and different objects. 

In case such a group of etherogeneous nodes is added to a cluster node, what's happening? The cluster is created only for the identical objects, or the cluster just didn't work as expected? 

Hello,

There's a crucial difference between Node (World) Cluster and Mesh Cluster. WorldCluster (the one that works with Node References) doesn't batch geometry and materials, therefore it gives a limited optimization. It worth for creating a Cluster with static objects, it's optimization is for Spatial Tree, if you wish to know.

Mesh Cluster batches similar meshes with similar materials with in most of the cases gives a great performance boost. Our Oil Refinery is built with these clusters.

Previously I've mentioned that a good solution will be using instancing for identical meshes in the 3DS Max. Our importer supports instances, so after this you'll be able to create a number of clusters with n a semi-automatic mode (Mesh Cluster can collect meshes with one click).

Alternatively, you can merge meshes on the import stage: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.8/editor2/fbx/#options_mesh_import

You still be able to control each mesh as a surface of a single object.

From the performance prospective the best way of handling such objects is merging both meshes and surfaces by material.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: