Clouds movement without noise

photo

Hi,

I just want to ask how it is possible to move the clouds without moving through the noise pattern to make their shape more stable.

I added two videos, one shows the movement of the player, which creates the appearance I want to achieve.

The other one shows the cloud moving per wind slider in the paramter section.

Ideally it should be a mix of both.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Sebastian,

You can try to decrease visibility of noise by manual tweaking cloud material parameters such as:

• detail distortion size
  • detail intensity
  • distortion force

However, fully remove noise from clouds, I'm afraid not completely possible - that's how volumetric clouds are rendered internally.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

1 minute ago, silent said:

Hi Sebastian,

You can try to decrease visibility of noise by manual tweaking cloud material parameters such as:

• detail distortion size
  • detail intensity
  • distortion force

However, fully remove noise from clouds, I'm afraid not completely possible - that's how volumetric clouds are rendered internally.

Is there a way to move the clouds like the effect you see in the video when I just move the viewpoint?

• 1 year later...
On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 AM, fox said:

Work-In-Progress

In the research branch we have even more improvements for the clouds (including support for Cumulonimbus) and the weather system in general, including a major upgrade of the regional weather system.

Please note that these improvements are under active development, they are planned to be available in full for UNIGINE customers in 2.13+ SDK releases.

Hello,

just want to ask if you are planning to make the cloud layer moveable along other axis, to get more realistic cloud movement?

We are also interested in the upcoming Cumulonimbus cloud feature.

Is this going to work as a single cloud which can be moved along the world axis or is it the same texture aproach which gets repeated?

Thanks

Edited by sebastian.vesenmayer

just want to ask if you are planning to make the cloud layer moveable along other axis, to get more realistic cloud movement?

There is a Wind Deformation setting in Parameters that adds some additional animations:

Is this going to work as a single cloud which can be moved along the world axis or is it the same texture aproach which gets repeated?

Right now it's still in the development stage. More likely it will be a separate type of object that can be moved separately and cloned as a regular node. It's quite different type of the cloud, so it would be hard to make it in the similar way that current clouds are implemented.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

38 minutes ago, silent said:

There is a Wind Deformation setting in Parameters that adds some additional animations:

Thanks, totally missed that while reading the documentation. :)

41 minutes ago, silent said:

More likely it will be a separate type of object that can be moved separately

That would be exact the way we would like to use it. We are exited how this feature will look and work. :)

Thanks.

16 hours ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Can you use field weather somehow?

depth_sorting.thumb.PNG.4abfef4d1adc9dd158697a12c79b872e.PNGdepth_sorting_2.thumb.PNG.272db435231b05122bbdb8a0548eb48d.PNG

I did some testing with two cloud layers and field weather, but depth sorting is a problem then.