[SOLVED] Native video streaming functionalities

photo

Hi everyone,

We are building an application that follows this architecture :

- One application with a GUI running on a computer

- One instance of Unigine running on another computer.

Is there any pre-built unigine functionality that would allow to stream (almost in real time) the video over a network from the Unigine instance to the computer with the interface ?

The computer running the application would only send user input, such as moving a character, rotating... and the Unigine instance would send back its video stream over the network, it would work in a way similar to game streaming services such as onlive, shadow ...

Hello Damien,

We provide generic network functionality with Unigine::Socket Class. I'm afraid there's no built-in streaming solution. 

More likely it will be easier to do with 3rd party solutions. I'll try to get hints from our engine team to help you find a better direction.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, you were right, CUDA did the trick.

Thanks to the sample you mentioned I was able to use  CUDA functions to copy the textures  from my Unigine App to another application that handles the streaming part, by using only GPU memory.

If anyone is interested in doing the same thing, note that you can't directly share the address of your GPU memory from a process to another, you have to use a built-in CUDA structure named "cudaIpcMemHandle", you can find how to properly use it in NVIDIA's CUDA documentation.

Edited by Coppel.Damien
  • Like 2
  • morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Native video streaming functionalities