Editor crash when try rename runtime file

photo

Hi,

when i add Cypress_optimized.FBX and Cypress_optimized.FBX.meta  to folder and run editor, i get this error and editor do hard crash:

15:25:36 FileSystemAssets::move_runtime_files(): can't rename runtime from "C:/Users/Honya/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/unigine_project/data/.runtimes/03/0344d31f711305f22366aca9cdf20df4801ce0c3.mesh" to "C:/Users/Honya/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/unigine_project/data/.runtimes/70/mesh"
15:25:36 Mesh::info(): unknown format of "guid://70fc2d78e413127738614d6a6d921dc1ec8e5c2c" file

Thanks

Honya

Hello Honya,

In this case crash was caused by merge static meshes option. You can change 7th line in the metafile to avoid crash:

<parameter type="bool" name="merge_static_meshes">0</parameter>

I'm still looking into it.

May I ask you how di dyou get these file? Was it manually modified? Or you just transfered this fbx + meta from one project to another?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

It was automatically created via editor after fbx import (all import settings done in editor), then commited into repository and synced into Honya´s workstation. So standard wokflow.

Edited by demostenes
1 hour ago, morbid said:

So, it's a bug on our side. We'll try to fix it in 2.9.

Have you managed to import this file without merge static meshes option?

I didnt try, I ve imported directly as .mesh via 3dsmax2015 plugin :) Anyway if it is caused by merge, it is similar to this issue (only not merging surfaces, but meshes...):

Edited by demostenes