[SOLVED] Gaea generated heightmap usage

photo

Testing Gaea for terrain generation, was just trying to use one of his demo terrains.

Generated the heightmap and albedo, tried to use them using the Landscape tool.

Using the RGB height image I was able to generate a first time the terrain, but without any elevation so completelly flat. The color image used as Albedo was correctly displayed.

Since this heightmap is RGB16 and not R16 I tried to create the _2 version as just R16 map, also appear the correct size for this map is 10x10km so I tried changing the terrain size, but so far

- Terrain tool didn't recognize the _2 version as heightmap so I need to use the original one

- The terrain is generated but nothing is displayed in the viewport.Tried multiple times to delete the generated landscape but nothing changed

For sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't find what.

ColorFx Base.png

FINAL HEIGHT.png

FINAL HEIGHT_2.png

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide,

As you already know, landscape works with single band (one channel) elevation maps only. The first image (FINALHEIGHT.png) is okay - it was saved as "grayscale" image which is fine. 

The second (FINALHEIGHT_2) was saved as "indexed" - it's not the same as single band format. This wouldn't work. With your files (FINALHEIGHT.png and ColorFxBase.png), I was able to generate a 10*10 km terrain. Please, check the screenshot.

If you can't achieve the same result with further attempts, please try clearing landscape cache. By default, cache is stored in C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Local/Temp/ladscape_cache.

Another thing that may cause issues with elevation - is a scale value. I've highlighted this parameter on the image.

landscape.PNG

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for helping me in these basic things.

Indeed now is working, probably the trick was the elevation scale and cache deletion.

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Gaea generated heightmap usage