[SOLVED] Field spacer doesn't work

photo

Hi. I'm trying to cut off some area on the global water. I created Field spacer object, intersect it with water object, in the water material I enabled FieldSpacer Integration, but needed area doesn't cut off. Changing Attenuation doesn't help. I tried to do the same in OilPlatform Demo and it works there. Please help me to solve this problem.

Hi,

If FieldSpacer Interaction in GlobalWater's material is enabled, you may check the following:
 - the number of field spacers on the scene should be less than 341 in DirectX/ 42 in OpenGL;
 - distance between field spacer and current player is less than render_field_distance parameter (check render_field_distance console command);
 - Visual Field Mask in GlobalWater's material -> Parameters corresponds to Field Mask Parameter in FieldSpacer.

For more precised instructions, I'm afraid, we need a simple test scene.

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

osa

Thanks for the video. I can't see the reasons why it shouldn't work. Could you please send us your project's data directory contents for investigation (you can use any file hosting) and send me a link via PM.

I believe that will help us to understand more precisely what is going on.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

One thing you can try before any other action:

• Open Windows -> Material Hierarchy
  • Select water_global_base material
  • Right click -> Inherit Material
  • Inherited material should be named something like water_global_base_<n>
  • In this new material enable States -> FieldSpacer Interaction checkbox
  • Assign this modified material to the ObjectWaterGlobal node

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I still have the same issue.
I also try to create a new C++ project from the scratch and looks like it doesn't works for some reason.
Any update on this? Currently using 2.12.0.2

This sample scene is relative small, so I can send PM with drive link.

Real project where I need is still to big also for me to attach anywhere sorry, but it's affecting also every new project that i create.

WaterField1.PNG

WaterField2.PNG

WaterField3.PNG

12 hours ago, silent said:

Sorry, can't reproduce on a clean project (2.12.0.2 / Sim):

This is what happens on my editor, also on community it's making the same, no change when field intersect global water.

There are some graphics settings that could affects this behavior?

Let me know if you need some logs, spec or other stuff to investigate on it. Here the data folder

Regards

On 11/21/2020 at 3:30 AM, silent said:

Hi Andrea,

You did slightly different thing - scaled FieldSpacer object, which will not work. Please use Edit Size or Edit object's size directly in parameters:
image.png

ups..........yes it was the scale of FieldSpacer objects that make it doesn't works.
Using edit size it works!
I don't know if it's the same mistake that made the author of the post, but to me now it's working every time and can be considered as [SOLVED]

Thanks!

WaterField4.PNG

Edited by andrea.padovani
  • Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Field spacer doesn't work