[SOLVED] Player Persecutor skinned object target node

photo

I'm trying to link my player persecutor camera target node to an imported .fbx skinned object but I'm having no success. the target node works fine when using a moving object animated with the tracker.

Any tips on how to get this to work?

Thanks Morbid.

I'm looking at redesigning the .fbx in Max to have the pivot move with the object. This is something new to me, I thought the pivot would have moved by default with the object!?

Is there another way to get the persecutor to point to an animating object? This is an old issue I've had and am still trying to figure a way around it. Max 2016 had the .path export plug in but unfortunately it's no longer supported so I'm trying to figure another way to get the camera to point to an imported object moving around a spline. I've had very poor results using the tracker for this so will keep away from it for now.

Gary, I missed an important thing. SkinnedMesh coordinates are not modified when you trigger the animation. Persecutor will ignore its movement in any case.

If coding is no option for you, I see two workarounds:

• Exporting PATH files from the older 3DS Max (2015 and earlier versions)
  • Moving your object with tracker (changing position and rotation)

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Could you use the option "create transformbones for joints" for the fbx file an use one of these dummies as the location for you camera?

best.

Werner

14 minutes ago, gary said:

Thanks guys... 

Thanks Werner, the ''create transformbones for joints'' option seems to be working!

Gary

Cool!!!

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Player Persecutor skinned object target node