change of import parametres is not checked on start

photo

If I change import parametr of for example .fbx (scale), everything is OK on my PC. But if I commit such change (change in .meta file) to VCS, anybody who updates his project will not see this change. They have to delete .runtime and generate meshes again. Such change should be checked on startup and regenerate automatically. Question is, if this is acceptable from the point of view of performance and if there is any clean solution to this...

Edited by demostenes

Hello Demostenes,

Firstly it looked like a bug, but I've got an update from our team and it seems a bit more complicated.

Right now it's really hard to implement such check due to significant assets validation slowdown. We'll think of how to improve this in the future, but for now there are two workarounds:

1. Commit changed runtimes
  2. Press reimport button for such files.

Thanks.

Edited by morbid
updated

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

4 hours ago, morbid said:

Hello Demostenes,

Firstly it looked like a bug, but I've got an update from our team and it seems a bit more complicated.

Right now it's really hard to implement such check due to significant assets validation slowdown. We'll think of how to improve this in the future, but for now there are two workarounds:

1. Commit changed runtimes
  2. Press reimport button for such files.

Thanks.

Thanks. I thought so.