Can not add terrain files in Landscape editor

photo

Hello,

I want to generate georeferenced terrain in my world. I'm following the steps described in video tutorial "Georeferenced Terrain - UNIGINE Editor 2 Essentials". However, I am not able to add terrain files. I select them in the Landscape editor by clicking on "Add new", then in "Add Source" I point to the files I want to upload. Next I click on OK button.

In the effect nothing happens, there are no files that have been added to i.e. height, as shown in the video tutorial and the button "Generate" is not active.

Steps i take:

Create new project - Load world into editor - Open Landscape editor form Tools -  Select Georeferenced Mode - Right click on Height (Elevation) - Add new - Select wanted file - Click on  OK button.

Results : no files added, "generate" button inactive.

Where am I making mistake ?

Thank you

Edited by Coppel.Damien

Hello,

The problem is shown in the console as 'GDALWrapper::Init(): can't load "libgdal.so" library'

The .so exists in the folder sdks/sim_linux.../bin

System is a Debian 8, 64 bits

We have the wrong version of gcc and cannot upgrade the system version:

$ ldd libgdal.so
./libgdal.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./libgdal.so)
./libgdal.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./libgdal.so)
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe901e8000)
        libpng16.so.16 => not found
        libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007f9d8d3f0000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f9d8d1d3000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f9d8cfcf000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f9d8ccc4000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f9d8c9c3000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f9d8c618000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f9d8c402000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f9d8e66f000)

Does the delivered ligdal.so requires a different version from the other lib in the folder ? I can compile an Unigine app just fine and run the editor just fine apart from that.

Stephane, can you be more specific?

1. Is this libgdal.so from our SDK?
  2. Minspec for Unigine is gcc 4.7.2, by the wrong version you meant earlier gcc?
  3. Which debian is this? Looks like in 8.1 libstdc++ was updated and it has CXXABI_1.3.9
  4. There's a chance that updating libpng will be enough. Could you give it a try?

Thanks

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

We have gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2.

With the patch copied over the sdk and in the project folder, it now works ! Thanks a lot !

Though an new error appeared in the console:' GDALWrapper::error_handler(): libNCSEcw.so.5.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

Indeed,  libNCSEcw.so.5.3.0 is present in the sdks folder (where I unzipped the patch), but when I created a new test project, it was not copied over along in the project folder (only the 5.4.0 is there). I now copied it manually, and it no longer complains. Thanks :)

I did not install libpng16, as it wasn't complaining about it with your patch.

@Amerio.Stephane

Do you plan to switch to the Debian Stretch (Debian 9)? GCC 4.9 is pretty old right now and we are thinking to move away from bugged GCC 4.7.2 to GCC 6.x+ (or maybe clang). And if we do this, Debian 9 will be our minspec for the engine to run.

Thanks!

---

We have no  plan to update Debian anytime soon (due to compatibility with other tools). I understand that this version is rather outdated, but we are stuck with it for the moment :(

18 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Indeed,  libNCSEcw.so.5.3.0 is present in the sdks folder (where I unzipped the patch), but when I created a new test project, it was not copied over along in the project folder (only the 5.4.0 is there)

SDK Browser copies predefined library (the newer one). On this PC you'll have to manually add libNCSEcw .so.5.3.0 into each project you create.

---

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, silent said:

Any luck to Debian 9 migration in the nearest couple of months?

Debian 8 is still the main OS we have to deal with for the next months (the other being Debian 6... "sigh"). Debian 9/10 is indeed the next platform we'll have to support, and some plans are being made, but things are moving slowly here (a LOT of simulations would need to be ported, and that is not easy.) I can't see us moving to D9 realistically this year.

I guess you meant to warn us the very near future may be D9+ only? This is important for us to know about.