Poll: Compiler version upgrade in 2019

photo

Please, specify your Development Environment  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Visual Studio are you currently using?

• VS 2013 (No plans to upgrade)
    • VS 2013 (Will upgrade to 2015)
    • VS 2013 (Will upgrade to 2017+)
    • VS 2015 (No plans to upgrade)
    • VS 2015 (Will upgrade to 2017+)
    • VS 2017
    • VS 2019
    • Not using VS
  2. 2. Which GCC version are you currently using under Linux?

• GCC 4.7.2
    • GCC 4.8
    • GCC 4.9
    • GCC 5.x
    • GCC 6.x+
    • Not using GCC
  3. 3. LLVM / Clang version (Windows / Linux)

• Clang 3.3+
    • Clang 4.x
    • Clang 5.x
    • Clang 6.x
    • Clang 7.x+
    • Not using Clang

This poll is closed to new votes

Dear customers,

It's been couple of years when we changed our minimal spec for Windows compiler to Visual Studio 2013. Right now we are thinking about moving to the next versions and we would like to know your opinion on that and your plans for compiler upgrades in your projects for the next year.

Please, mark your answer in a poll that attached to this thread.

Linux compiler upgrade is also considered as an option (especially if we would use some new C++ 11/14/17 features).

Previous results: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/4580-poll-compiler-version-upgrade-in-2018/

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The guy who manages magnum mentioned it being a nightmare to support vs 2015, 2017 and 2019 altogether.  I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to get vs 2019 support with c++ 17 but that'd be very welcome.  Especially considering https://github.com/skypjack/entt requires the standard.  I wish more libs would support C++ 11 considering a lot of rendering frameworks don't go much further than that.

Edited by paul.abrams

I ran an update to 142 against latest win10 sdk (2.11) and no issues found thus far.
I even have a plugin I have created running an init in there without issues, which was surprising. 
That being said, I imagine you would gain some efficiencies in using some 142 methods, but I don't know about similarly versioned Linux. 

• 9 months later...

Did upgrade in VS 2019, as it offered, all worked OK, VS just created the *.sln file, and looks at least at the moment no issues working with Unigine projects in VS 2019

• binstream unpinned this topic