Multi channel screen space effects and lighting

photo

Hi,

we are planning to distribute our simulation to multiple computers, which screens are aligned so we can produce a panorma view of the scene with Unigine.

Which post and screen space effects are we able to use?

What values do we have to choose for static exposure to make the scene look more realistic?

Is it better to change light source properties or exposure? We saw that exposure has a great impact on materials like clouds and the atmosphere.

Are we able to use filmic camera effects? Do they look the same on different rendered parts of the scene?

What rendering settings do you use for CIGI or Syncker applications?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

There is no complete list and exact values that you can set and expect everything will work. They tuned up on fly for specific use cases.

You can try to use borders (render_border) to hide some screen-space artifacts and use static exposure (if dynamic provides noticeable difference on nearby screens).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

So let me be more specific, when you have a 360 degree vr system, where the shading should look the same across all borders, with almost no artifacts and brightness/saturation differences, which render settings would you recommend and which not?

Edited by sebastian.vesenmayer

Unfortunately, it also depends on the exact scene and how big is the lighting difference across the screens.

To be 100% sure that you have same shading across all the screens you can disable each and every post effect (and use static exposure). Then you can enable effects one by one and see if there is no visual artifacts. I guess that's it should be pretty much OK to use SSAO and screen-space shadows. 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

We have the same need in one of our simulators. For exposure, I would suggest to Unigine to add the possibility to define a screen as "ExposureMaster"  and the others as "ExposureSlave", so the exposure could still be done automatically and adusjted on the slaves. This would be great.