Tracker Blend Multiple Tracks

photo

I'm trying to blend multiple tracks as per the video tutorial.  I have one track controlling the z position (no input for x and y) and another track controlling the x position (no input for y & z) of the same object.  After setting them up as per the tutorial I run the multi-track and only the top of the 2 track files animates.  If I change the order I can get the 2nd axis but I can't get them both at the same time.  Am I misunderstanding what the blend feature does or is there a bug?

I'm using tracker to place a camera in a chase plane role.  I want my chase plane camera to move relative to the lead aircraft.  Ultimately I'll have several different scenarios for relative motion between the chase plane camera and the lead aircraft.  For example the chase plane is in level formation flight with the lead aircraft and begins to close on the lead aircraft.  A second scenario would be where the chase plane begins to gain altitude relative to the lead aircraft and a third scenario would be where the chase plane begins to slide left / right out of position.  Ultimately I want to be able to combine these so that the chase plane is both climbing and sliding out of position.

I figured that if I had each relative motion saved then the combinations would be easiest to accomplish with blending multiple tracks, however, I can just save a master track, change the value I want and save it as a new track.