Editor hang

photo

Esqproject revision 743

Load esqworld, jump using "F" to any node in layer node cech_magu and editor will hang (I used cech_magu/construction/P_01_v3_bridge_mages). Tested on two different computers, happens always.

If you jump elsewhere and fly to location of cech_magu, everything works properly.

Hello demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce these hangs. I can only suggest that this kind of issue may be caused by script logic running simultaneously with Editor 2, as i get not hangs but WorldExpression errors while focusing on cech_magu layer elements. Could you please toggle off application logic in editor and see if problem remains 

Where do you see these world expression errors? I dint see anything like this in console or log.

Anyway any "logic" there is track based weather system copied long time ago from Valley demo, world expression for boyoancy of boats and world expressions for moving meshes around circular trajectories, or various rotations. Nothig else. I will try to remove this, but I am not sure, if anything like this can hang editor.

Edited by demostenes

Hello @demostenes,

Have you tried disabling logic as my colleague suggested? If the problem still persists we'd like to get more info:

• Is it possible to reproduce just from the start, without making any additional steps before focusing on the node?
  • Any log errors?
  • In some cases, hangs can be caused by apps running in the background, can you check?

Thank you.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello,

no, not so far, but we will and I let you know for sure. Regarding other qestions:

1) Yes, instantly from start

2) No, not even in debug mode. Where did you see these world expression errors? I would like to fix it.

3) I turned everything off, so just typical windows backround processes. Also when I jump to other place and fly to this location, there is no problem at all, it loads without any issue. Editor is not totally hanged, sound is playing, just scene camera is stucked and mouse has that animated circle. But nothing happens even after several minutes. It seems like generating all clutters + this scene is too much. If I generate clutters by jumping somewhere else and then come to this place, it is ok.

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

Expression warnings occurred randomly when jumping between nodes and locations, not sure which exact node caused warnings. Unfortunately, so far we were unable to reproduce any crashes or hangs, sorry. We will try couple more attempts later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, vvvaseckiy said:

Hello demostenes,

Expression warnings occurred randomly when jumping between nodes and locations, not sure which exact node caused warnings. Unfortunately, so far we were unable to reproduce any crashes or hangs, sorry. We will try couple more attempts later.

In which log do you see experession errors? I dont se anything in any log (standard or debug), no matter where i jump.