Roof with aerial imagery

photo

Hello

With the 2.5d generated buildings, the roof texture is taken from a material. I wanted to use the same aerial imagery as the ground, so I checked "terrain lerp" for the roof material. But this leads to strange parallax artefacts (as if the roof was in fact see-through). Is it possible to use the aerial imagery without this artefact? 

I uploaded a project on your ftp, also showing the grass issue (test_landscape_grass_terrain_lerp.zip)

GC is a GTX1080

Note: with deffered buffers off, you can actually see the roof is not drawn at all because you can see shadows on the ground. While in this case, you can see the roof is actually hidding the ground (there is no shadows on the roof)

Edited by Amerio.Stephane

Thanks, I already checked this. 

I'm sorry for missing a crucial point here - these artefacts are caused by geodetic pivot. Terrain lerp works only in flat mode (without geodetic feature). 

May I ask you how you're using geodetic pivot in your projects? Considering geodetics specificity sometimes it better to stay with flat terrain.

The good news is that we're working on a better realisation for curved terrains (you probably saw planet preview in the devlog).

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

As we are using an IG, all entities and ground objects are positionned with geodetic coords, so we need the GeodeticPivot node. This one is generated by Landscape editor only in Curved mode.

Yes, I understand this.

From 2.7.3 geodetic node is created in flat mode as well. You can unparent your landscape and disable geodetic node (just keep it in the hierarchy). 

Using mapFlatToGeodetic and mapGeodeticToFlat functions will help you to get correct coordinates with flat terrain: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.3/api/library/geodetics/class.geodeticpivot

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

In flat mode, it does indeed work. I really hope this feature will work in the upcoming (and very promising!) new planet mode. I plan to use it also for cliff.

Thank you.