editor hangs when reimporting large number of fbx files

photo

If I apply any change on big number of FBX files (400+), change happen (all .meta are changed), but progress bar and editor hangs on for example 65 percent (or just any number bellow 100)....Not sure if also all .mesh are updated as well.

You can try for example in ESQ project, "data\asset_library\kits\desert_village\fbx".

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please give more detail on how you apply changes on .fbx? If I understand you correctly, you change contents of 400+ .fbx files(e.g. mesh or materials) while Editor2 opened, and after editing and switching back to editor it hangs on reimporting?

Please also note that progress bar can sometimes hang even thought Editor keeps processing files, it usually happens while processing big .fbxes. I tried reimporting all files from folder you specified, it finished correctly but took about 15-20mins with a few hangs

3 hours ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hello demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please give more detail on how you apply changes on .fbx? If I understand you correctly, you change contents of 400+ .fbx files(e.g. mesh or materials) while Editor2 opened, and after editing and switching back to editor it hangs on reimporting?

Please also note that progress bar can sometimes hang even thought Editor keeps processing files, it usually happens while processing big .fbxes. I tried reimporting all files from folder you specified, it finished correctly but took about 15-20mins with a few hangs

Just simply select all fbx files in that folder (in editor2, latest unigine version), change some import setting, press apply (in my case I unchecked generate materials). FBXs there are quite small (in average 100KB-1MB),  nothing like 100MB files.

I wasnt waiting 15-20 minutes, after several minutes, when progress bar hanged at acc 65 percent, I ve checked file system, found that all .meta were changed, I ve give it other cca 5 minutes and shut it down. So maybe 8-10 minutes together. But even if it finishes after 15-20 minutes, it is wierd behaviour, because 1st import was VERY fast, maybe 30 seconds? So why reimport takes 20 minutes? Also when I reimport in smaller batches (lets say 50 fbx at once), it takes together maybe 2 minutes? So reimport time is not linear.

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

Thank you for the detailed steps, it seems to be happening very unstable, but we successfully reproduced this issue and added it to our internal bugtracker. Unfortunately i cant give any ETA on when it will be fixed. For now, process files in smaller quantity to avoid these hangs

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Also, reimport duration may vary depending on CPU, hard drive and even GPU performance.