Editor crash when creating object

photo

Hello,

When I try to insert any object (tried: sky, grass, clouds) in any project - no matter if it's "clean" project just created or existing with some basic stuff already in it - Unigine Editor crashes without any message/error.

Step by step:
-open or create project (my settings if it's matter: SDK Entertainment 2.7.2.1, Development engine, 32 & 64 bit architecture, float precision)
-open default world
-go to Create->Objects->Sky/Grass/Cloud layer
After 2-3 seconds of waiting - editor is closing without any message/error.

After 5-10 editor restarts it's starts working again (doing everytime exactly same steps), I'm able to insert object. Some time later - same story again - 5-10 restarts and starts working again.

Is there any editor error log file that could help you catch this issue?

arzezniczak

Log file usually located in your projects' bin directory (log*.html files). Do you observe this behavior on other PCs? It looks like something is wrong with that particular PC. If you are using Windows 10, could you please try to boot into a safe mode and try to do the same operations? If there will be no crashes it would mean that some software installed is interfering with Editor.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

I'm currently the only one developer in company using Unigine Editor so I can't tell if this happen on other PCs.
There is no error/warning in log file, it ends with world loading communicate.
Tried booting into safe mode and yes - it seems to work, but I'm not sure how representative is this test, without safe mode there are days/hours when I can use Editor without any problems so it can be just "positive accident".

Do you have any idea what software could interfer with Editor?
Might it be corelated somehow with my internet connection? I've got some issues with firewall/proxy in some programs but my net admin can't do anything about it right now.

16 hours ago, arzezniczak said:

Do you have any idea what software could interfer with Editor?

Usually these software is somehow related to the GPU driver (like MSI Afterburner, Gedostao, AMD ReLive and so on).

16 hours ago, arzezniczak said:

Might it be corelated somehow with my internet connection? I've got some issues with firewall/proxy in some programs but my net admin can't do anything about it right now.

That shouldn't be the real case. If you have more time to spend on Safe mode (or get a clean Windows install) - it would be great to verify if everything is OK. Sometimes crashed can be caused by broken hardware, but this hard to verify if you have only a single PC.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

4 hours ago, silent said:

Usually these software is somehow related to the GPU driver (like MSI Afterburner, Gedostao, AMD ReLive and so on).

I'm using MSI Afterburner - I will uninstall it and see if crashes still occure.