Wierd behaviour when renaming meshes

photo

I have simple workflow: I have objects in the world. I click on each object, create mesh from it, rename created mesh and repeat. Until I create meshes from all objects I need. Problem is, that editor is sometimes going crazy from repeating it several times. It does not allow me to rename mesh (console tells me it already exist, but it is not true) or editor even dont show me create mesh menu again, stops responding on delete key etc... and only restart of engine helps.

Typically I create mesh and rename automatically created exported_mesh, so it has new name. Everything looks OK, mesh is renamed. Then I create new mesh, but after creating it disappears. Ok, so I create it again, it seems OK, so I rename it, but editor stops responding for some actions (mentioned above), this is in console log:

Xml::load(): can't open "asset_library/kits/rome2/meshes/exported_mesh.mesh.meta" file

"AssetManager:: The asset file is corrupted. The asset will be reimported (Path = D:/esq/data/asset_library/kits/rome2/meshes/exported_mesh.mesh.meta)"

Xml::load(): can't open "asset_library/kits/rome2/meshes/exported_mesh.mesh.meta" file

FileSystem::addCacheFile(): can't open "guid://7ae92116d631cef255da445396dd9a2614d43d71" file

Mesh::load_mesh(): can't open "asset_library/kits/rome2/meshes/exported_mesh.mesh" file

Mesh::load(): unknown format of "guid://7ae92116d631cef255da445396dd9a2614d43d71" file

Object::setSurfaceProperty(): can't find "surface_base" property for "" object (1972814712)

FileSystem::addCacheFile(): can't open "guid://7ae92116d631cef255da445396dd9a2614d43d71" file

Mesh::load_mesh(): can't open "asset_library/kits/rome2/meshes/exported_mesh.mesh" file

Mesh::load(): unknown format of "guid://7ae92116d631cef255da445396dd9a2614d43d71" file

Or other case, I create mesh, rename mesh. everything looks OK, mesh is renamed. Then I create new mesh, but it has name exported_mesh_0 and also suddenly appears exported_mesh (with content of previous object), like it was not renamed. Similar erros egain.

I have suspiction, that it happens, because rename operation takes quite a lot of time (I hope you will be able to make some optimization of this) and even if editor shows, that it is done (shows me renamed file), something on background is still working and when I create new mesh with same name, it makes conflict.

It happens very often, If you follow described workflow in our project, it should happen after several objects are created and renamed.

Btw, when you name something lower case, you cant rename to upper case, for example lamp to Lamp does not work.

Edited by demostenes

Ok, thanks.

I ve also noticed, that similar issue can happen when duplicating and renaming material. So it is probably some general problem related to guid/filesystem read/write and big duration of these operation in large project.

Other one: Delete mesh file and if you rename other mesh file to the same name as had deleted one, mesh file will disappear and editor stop responding for some actions (described in the first post). You have to wait some time after deletion to prevent his.

3 hours ago, morbid said:

Hi,

sorry for late response. I've checked your rename cases with our internal editor version and the issue is not present.

Everything works much faster.

Ok, looking forward to some beta, currently it is quite painful to create/rename 100+ meshes...